Canada is one of the best countries to pursue an education and a great career. Lots of students pursue their education in several of the world-renowned educational institutions in Canada. If you wish to study in Canada, in a program of more than 6 months duration, you must obtain a student visa. Your student visa is the most important document, second only to your passport, to study in Canada. Your status in Canada will expire the day your student visa expires. You will receive a student visa only on the basis of a study permit. There are various requirements that you need to fulfill in order to be eligible for a study permit.
With the new study permit rules effective now, you are eligible to work off-campus for up to 20 hours, provided you are a full-time student. If you are a part-time student, then you may be eligible to only work on campus.
International students must prove:
- That they have been accepted by an approved Canadian institution through a letter of acceptance.
- That they have sufficient funds to pay tuition and living expenses while residing in Canada.
- Obtain police clearance as proof of their immaculate background.
- Complete an English proficiency exam (required by some countries).
- Complete a medical examination that is to be approved by the Canadian government.
Note: You may be asked to show any additional documents as required by the visa officer, prior to getting your study permit.
Once your study permit has been approved, you can easily apply for your student visa.
Studying in Canada is an amazing experience for any student. You could possibly be getting the best education in the world. If you want to be sure and get all the documentation right in the first attempt, contact us, now, and we will help you with the entire procedure.
We help you obtain the documentation that immigration officials require and wish you the best for the successful approval of your permit. Call us now for any further queries.