Sponsorship Immigration Lawyer Toronto | Ronen Kurzfeld Immigration Law Office
Sponsoring your loved ones for permanent residence in Canada is one of the essential things each Canadian immigrant does. If you are a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident in Canada, you may sponsor your relatives for permanent residence in Canada. In order to qualify as a Family Class Immigrant, an applicant must be the Canadian Sponsor’s:
- Spouse: In order to sponsor your husband or wife, you need to have proof of marriage, if you were not married in Canada, and show it to the Canadian immigration authorities of that country.
- Common-law or conjugal partner: A common-law partner or conjugal partner is someone who you have been living with for at least one year but you are not married on account of some reason.
- Parents: Parents can also bring their dependent children. In other words, the sponsor’s siblings, under the age of 19, can also be sponsored.
- Dependent children, including adopted children – you are allowed to sponsor any child you wish to adopt under the age of 18 as long as they are unmarried.
- Other Relatives: If you DON’T have any relatives besides family members, your common-law partner, conjugal partner, siblings or grandparents residing in Canada, then, you are eligible to sponsor a relative.
Note: Brothers and sisters cannot be sponsored directly. They need to be sponsored as accompanying dependents or sponsored by parents.
Each sponsor must meet certain requirements to be eligible to sponsor their relatives for permanent residence in Canada. All the documentation is thoroughly assessed and each application takes a long time to process. It’s better to be safe than sorry and get the application right in the first attempt. Immigration Way has helped many immigrants from all over the world sponsor their near and dear ones without any hassles. Please contact us to find out whether you can sponsor your relative, or be sponsored by a relative, in Canada. You can mail us any time or call us during our working hours. Your successful immigration is our goal.